Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June means Baseball

We've been busy with baseball this month.  The league that Billy plays in started after school was done.  Thank goodness.  Mostly games, not many practices.  He started the season as a hitting machine!  Now things have evened out a bit...but it was sure fun to watch.


Between weekend tournaments and evening games there has been a lot of baseball.  Trouble was, I needed to be getting ready for his graduation party and not going to games...and washing the uniform over and over again!  The day before the party meant scrambling to get things clean and ready.  The cat was worried that she was next!


We had a baseball themed party, we hoped that it wouldn't rain but rented a tent anyway.  It rained, for the first half of the party.  Baseball themed party meant Hot Dogs, peanuts (outside!) Cracker Jacks, and a keg of Root Beer.  It was a fun time, but it sure takes a lot of work to get the house and yard ready!  I made a slide show of Billy's growing up years...and that was the hardest part of the whole day!  It was emotionally hard for me to go through the pictures of the boys knowing that it really means an end of an era is here.  It was hard going through the pictures because there were so many of them.  Yikes.  But not many of the party...why does that always happen?


Party on Saturday, baseball on Sunday...only because he skipped Saturday's game so he could be at his own party.  I love the action in this shot!


Monday there was baseball too...the start of a string of home games.  That makes life easier!  I loved the sun setting behind him in this one.

No more kids in High School.  No more big events to plan for.  Not having quite enough to do at the moment has left my head spinning....sort of like this spinner in the garden.


What does a mom do that gave up a career to raise her kids when the kids don't need raising anymore?  I do have some ideas of things I'd like to do, things that I've been putting off.  I just need to start.


But it's figuring out where to start that is hard some days.  Maybe I just have to look at it as though I've been on deck for a while.  Watching, learning, waiting...and now it's my turn to bat.


Time to see if I can hit or if I'll strike out.  I worry about those darned curve balls though.


Weird analogy I guess...but I'm feeling like I'm at a crossroads.  Which path to take?


I just need to take a deep breath, and an Advil or two, and things will be just fine.



On a lighter note, did you see the big ol' super moon last weekend?  It was big and bright.  Here's a close up.  Are you howling at it?


Here's one with some leaves in front of the moon.  I haven't mastered setting the depth of field to get both in focus yet.  Maybe next time.


It's June, it's finally warm...it's been a muggy stormy week. The roses are blooming.


The Queen's Anne lace is blooming.


 The peonies are big, beautiful and fragrant.  There's a game tonight.  Summer has finally arrived.  Things are changing around here.


Changes. Changing days, changing seasons, changing lives. Changes keep things from getting boring I guess...but right now things are feeling a little too unsettled to me.  Time to step up to the plate and see what happens.  Wish me luck.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: