Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Days

Summer days may be longer, but there aren't more hours in them.


Profound, I know.  But it sure seems like we are rushing around trying to fit what we can during these nice summer days.  I haven't been able to keep up with the flower watering this summer, it's showing.


We went to our first Saints game this summer.  These are men in dresses, the "drag queens" that come out and drag the field part way through the game.  Too funny.


The birds have been enjoying the feeders this summer.  Eric takes them in every night and puts them out in the morning because the darned raccoons have been enjoying the feeders too.


This is my frog planter on the side of the house.  I have always liked his expression.


This was the first full moon in August, peaking out of the clouds.  There will be another full moon at the end of the month.  That only happens once in a blue moon... yeah, I know.


Sunflowers in a mason jar...one of those wonderful simple things in life.


Billy has been busy with football practices. I am one of the "memory book" volunteers so I've been busy taking football pictures.  They were playing tug-o-war at one of the captains practices.  Fun!


We did spend some time on the river a few weeks ago.  These fisherman tried to get every bit of fishing in that they could before the sun went down.


Eric and I took a quick weekend trip to Bayfield and Washburn, WI to see Greg Brown play at the Big Top.   We stopped at the boat dock in Washburn.  It's fun to see all of the different boats.


We took our time on the way home and played a round of golf on a beautiful day.  The pink ball belongs to me, not Eric.


The next day I spent the day trying to catch up from taking a day off, so I didn't take a picture until late that evening with my cell phone on the ladies league golf course.


This is a cosmos in my front yard.  The cosmos haven't done as well this hot, dry summer either.


This is the same photograph with some texture added to it...sometimes I love textures, sometimes I don't.  I think that it works with this one.


Billy has been playing softball now that baseball is finished.  I'm not sure if he or Eric has been having the most fun with it!


Sometimes the cat is the easiest thing to photograph for the day.  Hi Molly.


Billy was asked to play in a softball tournament.  His older cousin agreed to play a couple of games too...Billy thought that was pretty cool.  This is Billy hitting the ball.


We took a day trip to go to the Almelund Threshing bee.  We spent a lot of time with my brother watching the tractor pull.  It's a lot of fun.


A cosmos.


 Impatiens in a planter in my backyard.


A sad cone flower.


Molly...with a shallow depth of field.  Again, needed an easy target for a busy day.


And last but not least, the football team visiting the residents of the Colony, a local nursing home.  The boys were so good about interacting with the seniors, it was fun to see.  I think that it's something they will remember for a long time.  Billy is number 89 towards the left.


And with that, I'll sign off.  Thanks for stopping by for my random photo posts.  Enjoy these last days of summer, it will be fall before we know it!


August 17, 2011: No Blog Post & Photo of the Day
August 17, 2010: No Blog Post & Photo of the Day

No comments: