Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Days

We waited and waited for the summer days to come.  They are here...and it is hot!  Hot, humid, sultry.  Summer!  The low last night was 77 muggy degrees.  Oye. I have been thankful for the air conditioning in my house and car with this heat!  Here are a few summer photos from the last week.

I walked home from Eric's softball game last week...so many stop lights between the fields and our house made me think that it was farther than it is.  2.5 miles or so on a beautiful summer evening.  And I found this morning glory growing a a fence next to the road.  Note to self...walk more!


The coneflowers in my garden are liking these warm days.  I'm liking the coneflowers that are about to bloom.


Eric and I went to the rodeo in Hamel on Saturday night.  It's a fun rodeo...and I got quite a few fun pictures.  This one of a steer wrestler is my favorite.  Get 'em!  He did.


Warm summer day, even for the birds.  Hello chickadee!


Billy's last regular season baseball game...maybe his last game all together.  He left for a mission trip at 6 a.m. for a week and won't be back for most of the State baseball Tournament.  He will get to play if they make it into the Championship game...go team!  This at bat...strike out.  It would be a bummer to end on that...and end on an artificial turf field.  Fake turf pitchers mound, fake turf infield, and even fake turf base paths.  Yuck.  The place smelled like hot tires.  Not how baseball should be played.


My daylilies are blooming...fresh and new everyday.


Coneflowers at various stages.


And I'll end with a hot sultry sunset.  Cooler and drier air is on it's way...yay!


Warm or cool I hope that you are enjoying your July days!  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: