Friday, August 16, 2013

One Day at A Time.

So many changes in the air.  It's that time of year when I really just try to take one day at a time.  The weather feels fallish.  The sunflowers are blooming.


My horses are getting older.  One has a tumor in his nostril.  The vet came out, he sedated him, he floated his teeth, he took a really large chunk of the tumor out to do a biopsy.  He didn't like the looks of it.  The biopsy was sent in, then we waited.  And waited.  Waiting to hear results in any situation is hard.  You try not to think about it, but you do.  The call came, the tumor is benign.  Still need to have it removed, he wants to wait until the flies are gone, it could have been so much worse.  One day at a time.

We spent some time at the cabin.  A nice change of pace.  So peaceful there.  The sunset on the river was beautiful.

After church on Sunday we went to the local Threshing Bee.  It was their 57 annual event.  It's fun to see the big old tractors in the parade.  It's mostly a chance for the local farmers to catch up with each other, reminisce, with a few tall tales thrown in.  My dad would have said that they were "chewing the fat".  I enjoy going there to reminisce as well, but it sure makes me miss my dad.  He loved having all the grand kids on the tractor with him for the parade.  The grand kids loved it too.  One day at a time.


We had some errands to run on Monday night, we didn't get going until almost sunset...so we stopped by a local lake.  Sunsets almost always look better over water!  This one did.


The perennials are still blooming.  The bees are keeping busy!


Crazy looking bee getting some pollen from the Russian sage in my front yard.  Bzzz.


Billy is done with baseball for the year, but he played softball with his dad last night.  All the college supply shopping is done, there is a pile of stuff in my living room.  He leaves next week.  I think he's pretty much ready.  I do know that I am not.  I'm going to miss the sunshine that he brings to each and every day.


Ready or not, changes are coming.  I'm just trying to face them. One. Day. At. A. Time.


No comments: