Friday, September 23, 2011

Tid Bits

Fall is in the air here. Appropriate since this is officially the first day of fall. We seem to be finding a rhythm with the new season, and the new school year. Eric and I are still playing softball, one more week to go. I took this picture after our game with my cell phone when that little light went off in my head that I hadn't taken a picture yet that day. That little light is dim some days.

Eric and I took a trip south to Winona to visit Brian. It was parents weekend, he needed a few things home, and we wanted to buy him a bike to replace the one that was stolen. It was wonderful to see him, but hard to leave....I miss him! He seems to be making the adjustment to college life pretty well, that helps.

We missed Billy's varsity game on Friday night. The team had a big lead so the 2nd string got to play during the 2nd half. He made a catch that happened to be filmed by a local TV station. They included it in their prep sports extra and mentioned his name. We thought that it was pretty cool.  Billy's number 89.  You can see the clip here.

We did make it to the JV football game on Saturday morning though, and Billy had another catch....here's a picture of just before the ball got there. I don't know how he can concentrate with 3 guys about to grab him, but he does....and it's fun to watch!

Sunday was cold and drizzling, not a great day for baseball but sort of cool conditions for taking pictures. This one is of Billy playing 3rd base. He hasn't played 3rd much during the summer and fall, but he made a couple of nice throws to first the two innings that he was there.

Molly likes to go outside, even on the cool days. Here she is lounging on the patio. She won't look at the camera, it's sort of funny.

Penny had a chew bone outside, she wouldn't look at the camera either....she was very intent on chewing up that bone. Penny...PENNY....nope....not even a glance.

The mums are starting to bloom in the garden, another sign of fall.

We were treated to a pretty sunrise yesterday morning. I hope that the neighbors didn't notice me outside in my night gown....but it was too pretty to pass up.
We have another busy weekend ahead. It's homecoming here, so football tonight, football in the morning, homecoming dance for Billy tomorrow night, and baseball on Sunday. They rhythm of fall. It's making me tired....but I can rest when the snow flies. Right?

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: