Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hope in the Forecast

 It's -2 degrees F as I type this, but it doesn't feel nearly as bad as the last few days have felt.  It's not windy, so that's part of it, but the main reason is that there is hope in the forecast!  Warmer days ahead!  Cold today but 19 degrees tomorrow...and 33 degrees on Friday.  Above freezing...what??  It's going to feel down right balmy.  We've survived the "Polar Vortex".  Now Canada...please shut the door, we don't really want your cold air down here!
My post is a little different today, not just the daily photos for a change.  I started out looking for something interesting inside to take a photo of on Monday.  My blooming Christmas cactus seemed to fit the bill.  Such an odd plant, it usually starts blooming around Easter...not this year.  Still pretty.


I was minding my own business taking a picture of the flower when this little beast decided to get into the action.  Look at me in the window, I'm cute, flowers are boring.


How about me on the chair?  Peek a boo.  Our little kitten is quickly turning into a cat!  A very shiny sweet but crazy cat.


"Who you callin' a cat?  I'm a puma and I pounce!"


Sometimes she's fierce, sometimes she's sleeping, sometimes she's just watching what is going on around her.


Our old cat Molly seems to have gotten over the horror of having a kitten in the house.  She wanted to get in on the action.  I think she's claiming this chair as her own.


She can pose for the camera too, it's not just kittens that are cute!


"What's that, a rabbit?"


And yes, we've all gone a little stir crazy being cooped up in the house when it's -20 degrees outside.  But Molly, there is hope, there are warmer days ahead!


There are warmer days ahead for you Greta, don't worry.  And no, you don't get to have ALL of the attention.


And with that, I'll end the crazy cat lady post and get back to the photos.  I have another amaryllis getting ready to bloom.  The stem on this one is nice and tall.  It's in amidst the paper whites stems that I haven't cut down yet, the flowers are just starting to dry up, but are still pretty.


And finally, my two photos from today.  I took about 10, here's the first one...


...and the last one.  I could have saved some time and not bothered to take the ones in between, but sometimes you have to take the journey to find out where you're going.  Or something like that.


I just know that I liked the first one and the last ones the best, and that seemed sort of odd.  And with that, I'm going to go and check the forecast again, just to make sure that they are still predicting the hope of warmer days ahead.  A little hope changes everything!  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: