Thursday, October 9, 2014

Golf Weekend

Eric and I decided that we needed to take advantage of the weather before the snow comes, so we took a little trip up North to golf and have some time away.  We wanted to get a jump on our trip, so we stayed at the cabin on Wednesday night.  The river was so pretty I could have stayed there all day!


But we had a tee time, so we hopped in the car and headed North to Biwabik, MN and then onto Giants Ridge to golf.

There are a lot of pictures in this post, so I won't talk much. Well you don't need to cheer that loudly! :-)  

Our first round was on Thursday afternoon at the Quarry.  I took this shot by the driving range.  It was a cool, overcast day and the colors just popped!


Narrow fairways and ball eating woods.  Beautiful course though.


I was supposed to be watching Eric's ball, but taking pictures was more fun.


The course was pretty busy, mostly men in a hurry to get somewhere.  Not much time to relax and enjoy the game. Some rounds are like that.  


Eric usually finds something to smile about.


I picked up my ball on a few holes just to speed things up a bit.  I took this picture of the leaves when I was waiting for the other pair in our foursome.


This is along the 18th hole at the Quarry.  So beautiful.


After golfing we stayed at the Lodge at Giant's Ridge.  The next day we golfed at the Legend.  A bright sunny day and we were paired with a really fun couple.  What a difference a day makes!  See that bear claw bunker behind us?  I ended up in the 2nd claw from the left.


There was a scene like this around every bend.  Beautiful!



I parred this pretty par 3...just sayin'.




There are really interesting trees in this part of the State!



Prettiest hole I've ever seen.  Hole 17 at the Legend.


After our fun round of golf we drove to Ely, and then drove through the Superior National Forest.  So beautiful.  Then it was on to the Split Rock Lighthouse.


We continued to Duluth as the sun went down and the moon came up.  I took this shot and the next one from the moving car.  I like how they turned out!





We got up early enough on Saturday morning to watch the sunrise over Lake Superior from Canal Park. The predawn light was so pretty.




Here comes the sun!


Eric gave me the idea for this shot...the sun glowing behind the Canal Park Lighthouse.  I like it!


So many seagulls there.


After breakfast we went to a beach on Lake Superior.  It was a crazy unseasonably warm day.  80 degrees in Duluth on September 27th.  Not complaining!


Our next stop was going to be Hawk's Ridge over looking Duluth...but I saw some flowers along the way.  Eric patiently stopped and waited for me to take a few pictures.  I love cosmos!


Hawk's at Hawk's Ridge.  We saw 10 or so hawks and decided to call it a day.  It was really crowded and hotter than we were prepared for.  Fun to see them flying past though!


We drove back to Taylors Falls to spend some time with our family.  I took a walk through the woods at the farm, the colors were as spectacular as up North.







The very brightest and prettiest tree was next to my Mom's driveway.



We watched the sunset from my brother's front porch.  Spectacular as always.


A couple of days golfing, watching the sunrise and sunset on the same day....all in all it was a perfect get away.


I hope that you are able to take the time to enjoy some of the beauty of the season.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: