Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Update

At one point I thought that it would be good to update my blog on Mondays and Thursdays.  I don't think that's happened yet, but since it's Monday, maybe today is a good day to start.  I might change my mind by Thursday...but I'll try to follow through!

We'll start with photos from a week ago.  The horses at the farm.  Tish, Skylar, Breezy and Czar.  Boarder, mine, boarder, mine.  Mare, gelding, mare gelding.  That's all I have to say about that.


The birds are always busy at the farm.  I loved the greens in this shot...and the little bird too.

A woodpecker finding insects in the fence post.  My mom sometimes puts an orange half on the nail.  The Orioles love that!


She has a lot of finches this year.  So pretty and bright!


This is our old dog Penny at our house.  Her health isn't the best, but she's hanging in there.  She's a sweet but deaf old girl.


Brian and I were outside in the yard chatting last week when he spotted this red dragon fly.  It stayed on the dandelion just long enough for me to snap it's picture.  It's rained since then...the yard looks a little better now!


A cosmos in my front garden.  The blue in the background is actually my neighbors paved driveway.  I like how it turned out!


Our little kitten is over a year old now.  She's still a soft puffball.  Sometimes she has time for a nap.


I have a few sunflowers that have come up in my hanging pots.  Too pretty to pull.


Greta loves the great outdoors.


Eric and I took some time for ourselves and went golfing together on Friday.  I didn't bring the camera onto the course, but did have it in the car so I could take this shoot through the decorative grass.  I loved the light.


We had some haying to do on the farm.  My brother is restoring this Farmall H.  It's looking pretty good!  Now if someone could restore my muscles after trying to lift bales over my head I'd be happy.  Oye.  I am not in farming shape!


Breezy and Czar were spending some time scratching each others backs.  Pretty funny.  No one was bitten.


And last but not least a lily in my garden today.  I'm so happy to have my perennials blooming this year.  Thank you Greta for scaring away the rabbits!


And with that, I'm caught up.  Time to take some Advil for my aching back.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to see you here on Thursday!


No comments: