Monday, June 30, 2014

Lots of Baseball

June has been a month of rain and baseball for us.  Billy was scheduled to play 10 games in 10 days.  There was only one rain out, so that wasn't so bad!  A lot of flowers have been blooming since my last post.  This rose was blooming in my front yard.  The photo is dark because the sun didn't come out that day!


The delphiniums in the back yard have been doing well.  This picture was taken on the first of the 10 day baseball run.  And I can't find my baseball photos from that day.  They are either on a missing memory card somewhere or I deleted them.  Photography and forgetfulness don't go well together.


The 2nd game of the 10 was a late game, starting at 8:00 pm.  It's a good challenge for me to take night photos in between the chain links in the fence.  I like the colors though.


The only rain out of the 10 day schedule happened to be on our anniversary.  It rained and rained and rained some more.  Eric bought me roses...so pretty!  And we went out for dinner, just the two of us.  So a rain out was kind of nice!


Friday afternoon game to start out the weekend tournament.  Billy got moved to catcher to fill in for some injuries.  He did alright!  A few bumps and bruises, but that's a part of playing there I guess.


After the baseball game Eric and I went to the rodeo in Buffalo.  This is a picture of the pick up man.  He's as fun to watch as the rodeo.  They work hard!  And all of his horses are beautiful....that doesn't hurt. :-)


At the tournament on Saturday.  Catching again.  I oiled his glove...and then he goes and gets it dirty again.  Boys.


On Sunday my mom and Eric's folks came down to watch the game.  My mom was excited to get a few pictures of Billy catching.


He played well, hit well, and they won the third place game in the tournament.


And his girlfriend came to watch part of the game.  He had a lot of fans!  I'd say his smile says that he appreciated it.


Monday, delphiniums and baseball.  The light blue ones bloom a little later than the deep blue.  Still standing after the rain.


Another late game, but the sun stays up for a long time in the middle of June!  Catching again.


Hot muggy days for baseball, means more laundry.  Rain between games means more laundry.


Playing catcher means A LOT more laundry.  I think you can imagine what those 9 games in 10 days meant for me...lots of laundry!


They haven't been winning a lot of games, but Billy has been hitting well.  Some are well hit, some are lucky, some are simply because he doesn't give up and runs everything out.


It's fun to watch him playing the game he loves for one last season.




This was taken at the last of the 10 scheduled games.  We had Friday and the rest of the weekend off from baseball.  My wash machine was thankful.


Eric had put in a full week by Friday at noon, so we skipped out and played a fun 18 holes of golf.  I tied with him on one half of the course...first time ever.  Yeah!


On Saturday morning it rained again.  We are just shy of the all time record for June rain in Minnesota.


But clouds make for some pretty sunsets.


It's been a tough spring and early summer on the farmers around here.  Hopefully things will turn around for them soon.


After a day and a half at the farm, it's time to get back to work.  And back to baseball.  3 games this week and then 8 games in 7 days to wind up the regular season.


Time is speeding right along.  Hope you have some fun things to fill your days this summer!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: