Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

As the boys get older I always wonder what Halloween will bring. Will they still be interested in it? Is it still fun? The answer, happily, is yes! Both boys had a few Halloween events to attend, but the best thing of all is that they both decided it would be the most fun to have friends over to our house on Halloween night! In honor of the occasion I made pumpkin shaped "cake pops". You'll have to check out Bakerella.com to see what cake pops are all about. I struggled with making them this time around...sometimes they are easy to make, sometimes I say I will never make them again.

On Friday morning, Brian dressed up as Andrew Ryan, the villain from the video game Bio Shock, and headed off to school. Some of the kids even knew who he was dressed up as.

They are more "with it" than me. I just thought he looked like Clark Gable. I showed his picture to his grandma's...they thought so too....just before they swooned. Frankly my dear....

Billy didn't dress up for school, but he and his friend Nick dressed up for the school dance on Friday night. Nick is the tall banana, Billy is the 6"3" chicken. Crazy. He said he did the "Chicken dance"....even though they didn't play the music for it! "I don't wanna be a chicken, I don't wanna be a duck, so I shake my butt..."

Sunday afternoon we carved our pumpkins. I really liked this picture of Billy carving his pumpkin...too bad the pumpkin didn't show. Fail.

Eric carved a pumpkin...in between ordering and picking up the pizza for the kids that were coming over.

Brian was concentrating on getting his pumpkin just right. I think it's cool that my almost 18 year old son still likes carving pumpkins.

After the pumpkins were carved, the pizza was eaten and the video games were played, Billy and his buddies went trick or treating. I know, 15 is too old, but they were just being goofy. A gorilla, a chicken, a guy all in black?? and a banana.

They were cuter when they were little.

The gorilla had the choke hold on the banana....who knows why???

But all was good and off they went.

The boys collected candy, the jack-o-lanterns glowed and the doorbell rang non-stop for about an hour. A fun Halloween I'd say.

Hey Clark Gable.....what are you going to dress up as next year???

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: