Friday, May 14, 2010

After the Rain

April had been a beautiful month weather wise in Minnesota. Then May came...along with cold and rain. Day after day of cold and rain. I took this picture in between showers last week.

Finding a time to take my picture a day has been hard. Rain, dark, cold. The Twins had their first game postponed because of rain.

It's made it hard to get softball games in, some have been cancelled, some have been played in the cold and wet and mud.

Billy's baseball team has had three practices and one scrimmage cancelled. Their coach seems to prefer sunny warm days. They have their first game tomorrow....after no practice...that should be interesting.

I took a picture of what is happening out front on Wednesday. Not too much....just rain. Last week there was frost along with the rain. It made me feel so much better about not having any tender annuals in the ground to worry about.

We've bought all of the supplies that we need to build a fence in the back yard....but that's been delayed by the rain. I've been trying to put in a new perennial garden in the back yard....also delayed by the rain. Yesterday I thought that this would be my photo for the day. Rain in the bird bath....gloom....blah....

...but then, at about 7:30 last night the sun came out....and look what it brought.

The biggest, brightest, fullest rainbow that I've ever seen.

It might not have been the brightest rainbow ever....but after day after day of rain, it sure seemed bright. At times it was double.

It stretched across the whole sky. It was so big I couldn't get it all in one shot. I thought about running inside to get a different lens...but I didn't want to miss a second of the beautiful light.

They say that it's always darkest before dawn....I say the sun shines the brightest after the rain. I'm looking forward to a weekend of warm sunshine...a baseball game and Billy's confirmation. Life is good.

No comments: